Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mom...

Spent some time with my mom today! We went for a manicure and a pedicure at a local salon and then went to lunch together. I can't remember a time when we have EVER done that before!!! And it was fun! It was different...

We talked about everything under the sun...which is normal for us because I call her like 5 times a day anyway...but today it was different. Usually we talk about what time she's supposed to pick the boys up or when we're supposed to be at her house for dinner...scheduling type stuff! But today it was different... we talked about what she wants to do when Dad retires in September...they wanna buy a camper and travel all over with the grandkids!!! How cool is that! I had no idea! We talked about her favorite food...and her hobbies...and all kinds of stuff that we've never talked about before...it was different!

Mom and I are both very agenda-driven...my honey says I am possessed by a "spirit of agenda" and I need to have it driven out of me sometimes!!! lol But today...it was different! Our nail tech was almost an hour late...and they only had ONE of us on the schedule, so the same girl did both of our pedis and manicures...and it took FOUR hours...i missed a homeschool curriculum sale that I have been anxiously waiting to attend...she didn't get the ironing done...

Normally, we both would have been freaking out because our schedule was all messed up...but today...it was different...instead of flippin' out, we went to a little mexican restaurant and sat out on the patio in the sun and ate enchiladas and talked...and...yeah, you guessed it...

It was different...

Thanks mom! I had fun today!

p.s. Pics tomorrow! Yes, I remembered!!

No comments:

Post a Comment